Smart Anti-Tick Tips & Tricks – PLUS a Checklist!
Tick season is here! It’s a time that most pet owners dread. But not you – you’re ready!
You’ve done your research on these frustrating, sneaky, eight-legged pests. All proper precautions are in place, even away from home. You’ve also protected your yard from ticks to reduce the chance of tick-borne disease transmission.
Plus, you have the best tick removal tool at your disposal: the patented TickZapper®. This revolutionary, portable, lightweight (1 oz!), self-energizing (no batteries!), pet-safe companion adds an extra line of defense against ticks. Why? Because timely – and complete – tick removal is vital to preventing tick-borne disease transmission. Time is of the essence…be prepared!
Your homework is complete. You know the stakes. Between your knowledge about ticks and the best tick removal tool on hand to remove them on-the-spot, you’re as prepared as humanly possible in the fight against ticks. Yet, is your dog sitter prepared?
Dog sitting services are increasingly common in the United States. The pet sitting industry is a multi-million dollar business these days, and exponential growth is expected over the next decade, partly due to millennials’ preference for personal pet care services. If you’ve engaged a dog sitter in the past, or are currently considering one, you’re certainly not alone.
However, it is prudent to provide your dog sitter with a basic rundown of ticks, tick-borne diseases, and, how to remove a tick safely and thoroughly – especially during tick season. Pet owners should know if their dog sitter has experience with the following:
- Removing a tick from a dog, cat, horse, or other animal/pet.
- Understands the difference between tick prevention methods and tick removal methods.
- Knowledge of current tick-borne diseases.
- Experience with safe, effective, and thorough tick removal methods.
Let’s review a basic checklist to share with your dog sitter, providing extra peace of mind during your absence from your pet, and more importantly, protect your pet against ticks while you’re away!
Tick Prevention: What Your Dog Sitter Needs to Know
Below you will find a tick prevention checklist to provide your dog sitter. A little bit of preparation before you travel goes a long way in protecting your Bestie, in your absence!
- Provide: (1) Your contact information; (2) Your pet’s medications, daily schedule, list of allergies; (3) Your veterinarian’s contact information, clinic hours & physical address; (4) Contact information and address for a local emergency clinic.
- Identify areas where ticks have been found on your pet. If you’ve found ticks on your dog before, show your dog sitter exactly where they were previously discovered. Some pets are prone to tick infestations on various parts of their body. Immediate removal is key in preventing tick-borne disease transmission. Even if you’ve never found a tick on your dog, explain some common body parts where ticks like to hide, including the groin areas, in and around tails, collar areas, ear areas, just to name a few!
- Dispel tick myths immediately. If your dog sitter has never dealt with ticks before, a checklist could create a mild sense of panic in the person caring for your pet. Numerous myths about ticks abound, and chances are your dog sitter might believe them. In your checklist, include some common myths to put your dog sitter at ease. We’ve already busted several tick myths on our website – you can find them right here!
- Discuss areas to avoid. Dog sitters don’t just sit with your pet – they provide exercise and companionship, including outdoor walks! If you know of specific tick-infested areas around your neighborhood, let your dog sitter know. It’s important to tell your dog sitter what to do – and not to do- while you’re gone. And when it comes to tick prevention, immediate – and complete – tick removal is key in the prevention of tick-borne disease transmission. For more information, check out this blog post.
- Leave your dog sitter with a TickZapper®. Even the best anti-pest measures might not repel all unwanted parasites. That’s where the TickZapper® comes into play. Give your dog sitter this lightweight (1 oz.!) tick removal tool, and show them how to use it . The TickZapper® is easy to use, quick, and effective. With this tick removal tool in their arsenal, any dog sitter can ensure ticks are completely removed from your pet. So compact, your pet sitter can easily throw it into a pocket and get on with their dog walking day! The TickZapper® fully captures and safely contains the tick in the patented encapsulation chamber, enabling your sitter to either dispose of the tick, or send it off for analysis — all without human contact!
Review these items each time you leave your dog with a pet sitter. By the time you have established a long-standing relationship with your sitter, these techniques will become part of your pet’s care during your absence.
Thanks for stopping by the TickZapper® blog! For more useful articles on tick removal, pet health, and much more, click here. Purchase your new TickZapper® today! Remember, every TickZapper® comes with FREE USPS shipping, a thirty-day money back guarantee, and, a one-year manufacturer’s warranty , so you can purchase with confidence!