Veterinarians and versatility go hand-in-hand. Those who provide medical care for animals are required to test, analyze, diagnose, treat, and so much more – all without the benefit of questioning the patient, directly!
Successful veterinarians realize the importance of time-saving tools and resources, both of which can make the difference between having a successful practice experience versus loss of time, energy, and revenue. One such time-saving tool is the TickZapper®, a revolutionary tick removal tool that is used by pet owners, caregivers, and veterinarians – across the country! The patented TickZapper® tool removes the entire tick – including mouthparts – quickly easily, and safely. The tick is fully captured and securely contained, without the need for human contact. Best of all, it’s self-energizing (battery-free), always ready!
How can the TickZapper® benefit veterinarians? First, let’s take a look at the average day in a vet’s office. Then, we’ll offer some reasons why veterinarians should utilize this indispensable, patented, tick removal tool.
The Veterinarian’s Work Day: Never 9-to-5
Veterinarians typically work in hospitals, clinics, and veterinary colleges. They and their staff endure high-stress conditions every day. Between anxious pets and their worried owners, a vet’s office is filled with a multitude of energies that can create stressful environments.
It’s easy to see that veterinarians require that special “cool under pressure” gene. What’s more, many veterinarians also treat patients outdoors, depending on the type of service required such as caring for livestock. While most veterinarians work in climate-controlled offices, many shed the comfy confines of the indoors to provide on-call animal care.
Here are just some of the duties a veterinarian will perform in a typical shift:
- Educate pet owners about the needs of their respective pet/breed
- Diagnose health problems
- Administer vaccinations (rabies, distemper, etc.)
- Perform an assortment of diagnostic tests
- Offers medication & support services for ailing animals
- Provide counsel for animal behavioral problems
- Treat common diseases with medication and/or pet lifestyle suggestions
- Recommend general behavioral/habit changes
- Perform basic to advanced surgical procedures
Veterinarians are sometimes the first person to discover existing health problems. Ticks sometimes go unnoticed by pet owners, but veterinarians are trained to find these potentially dangerous, eight-legged pests on cats, dogs, horses, and other animals. Ticks are responsible for a host of tick-borne diseases, including Lyme disease and many others such as Ehrlichiosis, Anaplasmosis, Babesiosis, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, and many more. Quick detection and timely removal of ticks is essential for the prevention of tick-borne disease transmission.
With so much to do during a hectic day, tick removal doesn’t have to slow down a veterinarian’s day. In fact, the TickZapper® can quickly easily remove and contain ticks (for testing), with two simple clicks and a twist. TickZapper® is so easy to use anyone can remove a tick immediately – without the need for human contact. This includes staff members working for the veterinarian!
Pet owners understand the numerous benefits of having a TickZapper® on hand for immediate tick removal. For veterinarians, it helps to have more than just one around the office!
TickZapper® : The Essential Tick Removal Tool for Your Veterinarian’s Tool Kit
Many tick myths exist. Here’s another one: finding a tick during a routine veterinary examination is cause for panic. This panic stems from a pet owner’s typical fear – transfer of a tick-borne disease to their beloved pet! For veterinarians, it’s challenging enough to keep a busy office organized and running smoothly. The last thing needed is the discovery of a tick (or ticks) to derail a packed schedule. Ticks are just one more thing that can make a busy day even busier – but this does not need to be the case! Tweezers remove the body, but typically leave the dirty mouthparts buried in the pet’s skin. Tweezers also do not fully and safely capture a tick, which means ticks may fall away only to run off and find another host! Even more concerning, YOU may have to grab a tissue and pick up that tick…even if it is has a tick-borne disease! There is only one tick removal tool on the market today that eliminates these important concerns – the TickZapper®!
Here are five reasons why veterinarians should use the TickZapper®:
- Safety. TickZapper® fully captures and securely contains ticks in its patented encapsulation chamber. This feature eliminates the need for human contact with a possible tick-borne disease. It also ensures that the gently stunned tick and its mouthparts are fully removed and contained, enabling the user to dispose of the tick or save for analysis.
- Convenience. Removing ticks has never been faster, safer, or more effective. In just a few steps, any veterinarian – or staff members – can remove ticks immediately, without human contact. Forget the tweezers. Set aside the Vaseline. Keep the lightweight (1 oz.) TickZapper® handy in your lab coat pocket for quick access and touch-free tick removal!
- Self-Energizing (battery-free!). Thanks to a patented, self-energizing design, the TickZapper® is ready to remove ticks immediately – on the spot! No need for on-going battery purchases or recharging.
- Manufacturer’s warranty. WagAndBark® Enterprises, LLC backs every TickZapper® with a one-year manufacturer’s warranty. Our warranty is limited to the repair or replacement of the TickZapper® tool due to defects resulting directly from manufacturing. We realize how important quality and dependability are to your veterinarian operation. With our warranty, you and your staff can use the TickZapper® with confidence!
- Vet Tested and Approved. TickZapper® was tested for one year at Texas A&M Veterinary College, in a dedicated tick lab, under the supervision of one of today’s foremost tick experts, used by vets, tested by vets, approved by vets – the TickZapper® is ready to assist you and your staff in safe, immediate, and quick tick removal.
Timely removal of ticks is vital in the prevention of tick-borne disease transmission. With the TickZapper®, veterinarians and their support staff have an immediate line of defense. From dogs to cats to horses and more, the TickZapper® is the most effective available tick removal tool on the market today. To stock your practice with the TickZapper®, click here to purchase.
Thanks for reading the TickZapper® blog. Looking for more helpful information on pets, ticks, and other issues that matter to pet owners and veterinarians? Sign up for our newsletter! Interested in learning more about ticks in your region of the United States? Check out our interactive regional tick e-resource!